Here’s the deal…for Stephanie and I birthdays are a BIG deal…especially our own birthdays. We were fortunate enough to both be born in January so once New Year’s is over and January 1st comes along the focus turns to our birthdays. Fortunately, mine comes first :). Stephanie’s follows a week and a day later on January 27th. Instead of celebrating birthDAYS we celebrate birthWEEKS.
Here’s my dilemma…Stephanie is so much more creative and fun and better at planning things than I am. She goes all out for my birthday and I’m always left in awe at how I can ever top what she’s done for me. I never do and the same goes for this year. As a matter of fact, I usually just end up copying what she does and doing it to her…which is exactly what I’m doing now.
On my birthday she sent me 33 emails (I LOVE getting emails) listing 33 reasons why she loves me. It was so nice of her and I appreciated it so much. So as my tribute to my dear little sis and best friend Stephanie I’m going to broadcast to the world (or the few of you who actually read this) 28 things I adore about Stephanie.
1. Her love for pajamas
2. She’s BEAUTIFUL
3. My eye fits so well in her forehead
4. Her kettle corn
5. The new clothes she’s always buying and then returning
6. Her incredible cakes (especially the ones she makes for my birthday)
7. She doesn’t stress out
8. She has the most beautiful angelic voice of anyone I’ve ever heard
9. She creates the most adorable children…I can’t wait to see baby #3
10. She has always supported me in everything I do
11. She’s the best party planner
12. Whenever I don’t want to exercise I just call her and she tells me I don’t have to
13. She lets me be me
14. The love we share for birthdays
15. She listens to me go on and on and on and on…
16. She’s hilarious and makes me gut belly laugh every time I talk to her
17. She’s super patient with my never ending mood swings
18. Movie nights at her house
19. She cooks me dinner…a lot
20. Her uncanny ability to just be
21. Her love of the gospel
22. She’s always up for anything
23. Shopping excursions
24. She never swears
25. Game nights with lots of yummy treats
26. Our sleepovers…highlight of my life
27. She’s my best friend
28. And finally I love Stephanie because she loves me just the way I am. She accepts everything about me…good and bad. I go to Stephanie when I need to know that I’m OK just the way I am. She has the power to help me see life from a different perspective…a much more calm and peaceful one. She helps bring me back to reality and helps me see what really matters. Her love means more to me than she’ll ever know. I’m so blessed to have her as my sister and dear friend.
Happy Birthday Chews!!! I love you!!!