Saturday, March 6, 2010

February Pictures

I’ll start with some school pictures.

Preschool Class

(from left to right: Veronica, Blessing, Abby, Joseph, Alice, Taonga, and Taonga)

DSCN1266

Grade 1

(Melody, Emeldah, Mapalo, Beauty, Monica, Friday, Ives)

DSCN1273

Grade 2

(Ireene, Lozaria, Chanda, Ives, Emmanuel, Lovemore, Kennedy)

DSCN1271

Grade 4

(Lucky, Charles, Kennedy, Bwalya, Gift, Diana, Rabbecca, Treza, Rachel, Makupa, Harrison)

DSCN1272

Grade 6

(Falai, Chola, Salome, Golden, Bridget, Lweendo)

DSCN1270

Grade 7 & 8

(Ethel, Vincent, Choolwe, Victor, Raymond)

DSCN1288

Teachers

(from left to right: Betty and her daughter Veronica, Me, Liseli and Jackie)

DSCN1275

The whole school

DSCN1282 DSCN1280

Here are some other random pictures:

One of my dearest sweet mission companions had her ward do a sub for santa for these kids.  Here they are in their brand new clean clothes.  They were so happy to have new clothes and they all looked so good.

DSCN1256 DSCN1257

Liseli was our guest speaker during Science class a few weeks ago.  We were talking about babies and their needs.  I love having that little morsel around.

DSCN1259

My sister sent me an awesome package (happiest day of my  life when I got it) and inside she put some Valentine’s for the kids.  This was the Friday before Valentine’s Day.  They thought these little cards were amazing!

DSCN1261 DSCN1262

I went to visit my sweet little Evans.  He stays with his Aunt and Uncle and their family.  Sweetest people in the world.  It was so nice to finally meet them.

DSCN1264 (2)

Friday morning I made all the kids go on a run with me and then we did some “training” on the football pitch.  It was raining, wet, and muddy and we all had a blast.

 DSCN1277

5 comments:

Dave Raddatz said...

I was just sitting here thinking about all the things I need to do to get ready to come and see you and I decided to look at your blog. Now I am just sitting here weeping. It overwhelms me to see what you and the Lord are accomplishing there and I am so very excited to be able to see it. It makes me feel bad for caring so much about a stupid safari. Sure love you.

Kari said...

Love love love the pics. The faces of those children smiling.....so touching!

Ladyfox said...

What a wonderful picture journal you have going here. Keep them coming!

The Dahlins said...

I LOVE reading your blog. Even just the names of the kids make me happy - Blessing Beauty, Lovemore, Gift, Lucky - really all of them! I love the pics of the kids. They are all so happy. So beautiful!

Zach, Jen, Elizabeth & Summer said...

Hed - I explained this in a different post, but the Dahlin's is really Jen, Zach & Elizabeth. I should pay more attention to what the "identity" is before I publish comments. :)

I'm jealous so many people have come to visit you. I can't talk Zach into flying to California...let alone Africa! Keep posting so I can see how neat it is.